To visit our blog with the latest news, please click here.
To download and print a copy of the holiday stocking pattern, please click here.
If you are a Mary Kay representative that would like to participate in Operation Holiday Stockings, please contact us at (770) 509-1156 for more information or e-mail us at Info@OperationStarsAndStripes.org.
Operation Holiday Stockings
With the holiday season approaching, we are working to collect items for Operation Holiday Stockings for our troops overseas. We hope this will bring a bit of comfort and a sense of home during the holidays. It is just a small way to remind them that their sacrifices are much appreciated and not forgotten. Thank you for joining Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc. in spreading love and support. There are many ways both groups and individuals can participate:
- Donate filled holiday stockings
- Donate items to fill holiday stockings
- Sponsor a postage collection (money or stamps)
- Cut fabric and/or sew stockings (pattern provided)
- Volunteer time to help sort, pack, or assist at the post office.
Donations need to be in hand no later than December 15th to allow volunteers time to pack for the holidays. Postage costs are very expensive. We appreciate a $5 monetary donation per stocking to help defray the postage costs. Please, no aerosol cans, pork products, or alcohol due to custom regulations. Snack sized foods and toiletries appreciated. For a sample of the contents for an individual stocking, please see below.
No time to participate in any of the above? Please visit our online, care package catalog where you can sponsor a care package for an individual or unit. Packages may also be sent in honor or memory of your loved one for a holiday gift. A card will be sent to the service member as well as the recipient of your gift.
For more information on how you can participate in the Operation Holiday Stocking Campaign, please contact us at Info@operationstarsandstripes.org or call us at (770) 509-1156.
(1) If anything could potentially leak, please seal it in a baggie before placing it inside the box.
(2) Feel free to include letters and cards of support. For security reasons, no personal information of children below the age of 18 may be included.
(3) Please call 770-509-1156 to arrange a pick up for your collection if you live within 10 miles of Atlanta or Marietta, GA.
(4) If you choose to ship your items, please send all donations to the following address:
Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc.
2146 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062
(5) Please be sure to check for expiration dates. All products included must have an expiration date of January 15, 2014 or later.
(6) Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the Internal Revenue Code. Should you desire a receipt for tax purposes, please e-mail us at Info@OperationStarsAndStripes.org with your name, address, and approximate value of donation.
Thank you again for your support during such a critical time! Below are items typically included in a holiday stocking to use as a guide for collections and packing your own:
(1) 1 Entertainment Item (Travel Games, Unused Current DVDs & CDs, or Playing Cards),
(2) 1 Pack of Chewing Gum (foil packs preferred),
(3) 2 Individual Packs of Cookies/Bars (Energy/Protein bars and Snack-sized Oreos are favorites)
(4) 1 Pack of Beef Jerky
(5) 2 Snack-sized Nuts/Trail Mix (Cashews and Pistachios are most requested)
(6) 1 Box of Drink Mix (Gatorade and Propel are most requested)
(7) 2 Travel-sized Toiletry Items(Travel-sized Cases of Q-tips and Eye Wash preferred)
(8) 1 Lip Balm (with SPF preferred)
(9) 1 Black Ink Pen