To visit our blog with the latest news, please click here.
To download and print a copy of the holiday stocking pattern, please click here.
If you are a Mary Kay representative that would like to participate in Operation “Egg”stravaganza or Operation Beat the Heat, please contact us at (770) 509-1156 for more information or e-mail us at Info@OperationStarsAndStripes.org. IMPORTANT: NO AEROSOL PRODUCTS
With the Spring season approaching, we are working to collect items for our Operation “Egg”stravaganza care packages for our troops overseas. We hope this will bring a bit of comfort and a sense of home which is much needed after the holiday season is over and our troops are away from loved ones. It is just a small way to remind them that their sacrifices are much appreciated and not forgotten. Thank you for joining Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc. in showing your appreciation and support. There are many ways both groups and individuals can participate:
- Donate empty or filled plastic eggs with lip balm, drink mix, gum, small snacks, and treats (NO CHOCOLATE PLEASE)
- Donate items to fill care packages
- Sponsor a postage collection (money or stamps)
- Donate Ziploc sandwich, quart, and gallon bags
- Volunteer time to help sort, pack, or assist at the post office.
Operation “Egg”stravaganza will be collected through March 30th. Postage costs are very expensive. We appreciate a $5 monetary donation per package to help defray the postage costs. Please, no aerosol cans, pork products, or alcohol due to custom regulations. Snack-sized foods and toiletries appreciated. For a sample of the contents for an individual Operation “Egg”stravaganza care package, please see below.
No time to participate in any of the above? Please visit our online care package catalog where you can sponsor a care package for an individual or unit. Packages may also be sent in honor or memory of your loved one for a memorial, birthday, or holiday gift. A card will be sent to the service member as well as the recipient of your gift.
For more information on how you can participate in the Operation “Egg”stravaganza Campaign, please contact us at Info@operationstarsandstripes.org or call us at (770) 509-1156.
(1) If anything could potentially leak, please seal it in a baggie before placing it inside the box.
(2) Feel free to include letters and cards of support. For security reasons, no personal information of children below the age of 18 may be included.
(3) Please call 770-509-1156 to arrange a date, time, and location for drop-off.
(4) If you choose to ship your items, please send all donations to the following address:
Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc.
2146 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062
(5) Please be sure to check for expiration dates. All products included must have an expiration date of May 1, 2014 or later.
(6) Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the Internal Revenue Code. Should you desire a receipt for tax purposes, please include with your donation your name, physical address, and e-mail address.
Thank you again for your support during such a critical time! Below are items typically included in an Operation “Egg”stravaganza care package to use as a guide for collections and packing your own:
(1) 6 Plastic eggs filled with items, such as lip balm, drink mix, gum, small snacks, and treats
(2) 1 Entertainment Item (Travel Games, Unused Current DVDs & CDs, or Playing Cards)
(3) 1 Pack of Chewing Gum (foil packs preferred)
(4) 2 Individual Packs of Cookies/Bars (Energy/Protein bars and Snack-sized Oreos are favorites)
(5) 1 Pack of Beef Jerky
(6) 2 Snack-sized Nuts/Trail Mix (Cashews and Pistachios are most requested)
(7) 1 Box of Drink Mix (Gatorade and Propel are most requested)
(8) Travel-sized Case of Q-tips and Eye Wash
(9) 1 Black Ink Pen