To visit our blog with the latest news, please click here.With the summer months quickly approaching, we are working to collect items for Operation Beat the Heat for our troops overseas. We hope this will bring a bit of comfort and relief from the heat. It is just a small way to remind them that their sacrifices are much appreciated and not forgotten. Thank you for joining Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc. in spreading love and support.
Ways you can help:
(1) Sponsor an item collection (see sample list below)
(2) Donate an individual care package
(3) Donate Fabric for and/or sew neck coolers (pattern provided)
(4) Volunteer time to help sort, pack, and ship the packages
DO NOT include the following: (1) Aerosol Cans (2) Bulk Items (such as large bottles of toiletries) (3) Pork Products (4) Alcohol Products (5) Tobacco Products
(1) If anything could potentially leak, please seal it in a baggie before placing it inside the box.
(2) Feel free to include letters and cards of support. For security reasons, no personal information of children below the age of 18 may be included.
(3) Please call 770-509-1156 to arrange a pick up for your collection if you live within 10 miles of Atlanta, GA.
(4) If you choose to ship your items, please send all donations to the following address:
Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc.
2146 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062
Postage costs are very expensive. We appreciate any monetary donations or stamps to help with the postage. All donations are tax-deductible. Should you desire a receipt for tax purposes, please e-mail us at Info@OperationStarsAndStripes.org with your name, address, and approximate value of donation.
Thank you again for your support during such a critical time! Below are items typically included in a package during Operation Beat the Heat to use as a guide for collections and packing your own:
(1) 1 Entertainment Item (Travel Games, Unused Current DVDs & CDs, or Playing Cards),
(2) 1 Pack of Chewing Gum (foil packs preferred),
(3) 2 Individual Packs of Cookies/Bars (Energy/Protein bars and Snack-sized Oreos are favorites)
(4) 1 Pack of Beef Jerky
(5) 2 Snack-sized Nuts/Trail Mix (Cashews and Pistachios are most requested)
(6) 1 Box of Drink Mix (Gatorade and Propel are most requested)
(7) 2 Travel-sized Toiletry Items(Travel-sized Cases of Q-tips and Eye Wash)
(8) 1 Lip Balm (with SPF preferred)
(9) 1 Suncare Product (Sunscreen, After-sun Cooling Gels)