To visit our blog with the latest news, please click here.
To download and print a copy of the holiday stocking pattern, please click here.
If you are a Mary Kay representative that would like to participate in Operation Beat the Heat, please contact us at (770) 509-1156 for more information or e-mail us at Info@OperationStarsAndStripes.org. IMPORTANT: NO AEROSOL PRODUCTS OR SUNSCREEN NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Operation Beat the Heat
With the summer months approaching, we are working to collect items for Operation Beat the Heat for our troops overseas. It is just a small way to remind them that their sacrifices are much appreciated and not forgotten. Thank you for joining Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc. in spreading love and support. There are many ways both groups and individuals can participate:
- Sponsor an item collection (seem sample list of package contents below)
- Donate items to fill care packages (we need very specific items this year which are listed at the bottom of this page)
- Sponsor a postage collection (money or stamps)
- Donate Ziploc sandwich, quart, and gallon bags
- Volunteer time to help sort, pack, or assist at the post office.
Postage costs are very expensive. We appreciate any monetary donations to help defray that postage costs. Please, no aerosol cans, pork products, or alcohol due to custom regulations. For a sample of the contents for an individual Operation Beat the Heat care package, please see below.
No time to participate in any of the above? Please visit our online care package catalog where you can sponsor a care package for an individual or unit. Packages may also be sent in honor or memory of your loved one for a memorial, birthday, or holiday gift. A card will be sent to the service member as well as the recipient of your gift.
For more information on how you can participate in the Operation Holiday Stocking Campaign, please contact us at Info@OperationStarsAndStripes.org or call us at (770) 509-1156.
(1) If anything could potentially leak, please seal it in a baggie before placing it inside the box.
(2) Feel free to include letters and cards of support. For security reasons, no personal information of children below the age of 18 may be included.
(3) Please call 770-509-1156 to arrange a date, time, and location for drop-off.
(4) If you choose to ship your items, please send all donations to the following address:
Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc.
2146 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062
(5) Please be sure to check for expiration dates. All products included must have an expiration date of April 30th, 2015 or later.
(6) Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the Internal Revenue Code. Should you desire a receipt for tax purposes, please include with your donation your name, physical address, and e-mail address.
Thank you again for your support during such a critical time! We have received a generous donations of toiletries and will include them in the packages. Please follow the list below when packing your package or as a guide for collections for this campaign:
(1) 1 Entertainment Item (Travel Games, Unused Current DVDs, or Playing Cards)
(2) 1 Pack of Chewing Gum (foil packs preferred)
(3) 3 Individual Packs of Cookies/Bars (Energy/Protein bars and Snack-sized Oreos are favorites)
(4) 1 Pack of Beef Jerky
(5) 2 Snack-sized Nuts/Trail Mix (Cashews and Pistachios are most requested)
(6) 1 Box of Drink Mix (Gatorade and Propel are most requested)
(7) 1 Black Ink Pen