UPDATED FOR December 1, 2013 - January 1, 2014
The following items are needed for our current campaign, Operation Holiday Stockings:
- Monetary donations to assist with high shipping costs from Operation Holiday Stockings
- Quart, Sandwich, and Snack-sized zipper bags
- Snack Items: Nuts, trail mix, granola and energy bars, pretzels (no chips), Rice Krispie treats, microwave popcorn, beef jerky, Slim Jims, dried fruit, powdered drink mix singles (Gatorade and PowerAde most requested),hot cocoa mix, chewing gum, tuna and chicken salad packets, cookies (Oreos preferred)
- Entertainment Items: New, Current DVDs & CDs, Travel-games, and Playing Cards
Please do not send the following:
- Aerosol products (contents under pressure), alcohol, tobacco, pork, and large toiletries. We appreciate snack-sized or individual-sized items, in order to fit the holiday stockings.
Most Requested Item List
Below is a list of items that are most requested by our service members and needed on an ongoing basis.
Entertainment: New DVDs, New CDs, Comics, Frisbees, Sports Balls, Air Pumps, Hackie Sacks, Playing Cards, Travel Games, Sudoku, Word Searches, and Crossword Puzzles
Miscellaneous Items: Ziploc Bags (Gallon & Quart), Disposable Cameras, Phone Cards, Paperback Books, Long and Thick Black Socks, Batteries, Air Fresheners (Febreeze Pump Spray Bottles or Stick-Ups Preferred – No Aerosol Sprays)
Toiletries: (Travel-size Preferred) Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Razors, Shaving Gel, Lip Balm, Unscented Lotion, Mouthwash, Combs, Eye Drops, Q-tips, Dental Floss, Unscented Wet Wipes, Personal Cleansing Wipes, Feminine Hygiene Products, Tissues ( Small Packs), Hand Sanitizer, Shampoo, Body Wash, Foot Powder, and Body Powder, Band-aids, and Mole Skin (To Prevent Blisters)
Writing Supplies: Postage Stamps, Envelopes, Lined Writing Tablets, Stationary, Black Ink Pens, and Drawing Pads
Food/Snacks: Please note, all snacks must be prepackaged. Homemade goodies are discouraged. Individual sized items are easier for our troops to store. Microwavable meal bowls ( Macaroni & Cheese Is A Favorite), Ramen Noodles, Beef Jerky, Power/Granola Bars, Hard Candies, Twizzlers, Chewing Gum, Trail Mix, Slim Jims, Cookies, Dried Fruit, Drink Mix Singles ( Propel & Gatorade Are Favorites),Coffee Singles, Nuts (Pistachios Are A Favorite), Nacho Cheese Singles, Mini-Boxes of Assorted Cereals, Pretzels, Microwavable Popcorn, Fruit-by-the-foot, Gummy Snacks, Pringles, and Prepackaged Tuna and Chicken Salad Lunches.
Cold Weather Items: The items below are to be sent during the winter months. Chocolate, Hot Cocoa Packets, Hats ( helmet liners), Gloves (Tactical & Cold Weather), and Pocket/Foot Warmers
Warm Weather Items: The items below are to be sent during the summer months. Pocket Fans, Fly Traps, Water Guns, Sunscreen, Insect Repellent (Off With Deet Requested), and Neck Tie Coolers (Please Inquire For Pattern)