General Information For Item Donations
We accept donations of items year-round, in addition to donations for our programs, which can be found by clicking here.
We also have another option for those who do not have time to shop or stand in the post office line. Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc. is pleased to offer an online catalog of care packages, ranging from $2.00 to $30.00, which can be viewed by clicking here.
The following is a list of our current critically-needed items: postage stamps, Ziploc bags (gallon and quart size), new DVDs, new CDs, unscented wet wipes, pistachios, and beef jerky.
For a more complete list of frequently-needed items, please click here.
Where To Send Item Donations
Prior to taping your package for shipping, please include your name, address, and e-mail address with your items. We will electronically confirm receipt of your items, using the e-mail address you provide in your box.
Please send all item donations to the following address:
Rosalyn-Sue Smith, President
Operation Stars & Stripes, Inc.
483 Old Canton Road, Suite 100
Marietta, GA 30068
Tips For Sending Item Donations
• It is more economical to mail your items to us via USPS Parcel Post or UPS Ground Service.
• Trucking companies which have a hub in Atlanta are often willing to bring your items to us. If you have a large item donation, please contact us for more information.
• All item donations containing liquids, gels, and powders must be packaged in Ziploc bags prior to shipping to prevent breakage or spillage during shipping, contaminating the other products in the box.
• All item donations that contain strong scents (i.e. peppermint, soaps, flavored gum, etc.) must be packaged in Ziploc bags, in an attempt to not permeate the other contents of the box. We strongly encourage you to send items with strong scents in a separate box.
Suggestions for Items Collections
• Item Collection: Sponsor a drive to collect critically-needed items for the troops overseas.
• Operation Trick-or-Treating for the Troops: Sponsor a drive to collect excess Halloween candy to be sent to the troops overseas.
• Operation Holiday Stockings: Sponsor a collection of filled stockings or items to be sent to the troops during the holiday season.
• Operation Bags of Love: Sponsor a collection of filled Bags of Love or items to be sent to the troops during the Valentine’s Day season.
• Operation Encouraging Words: Sponsor a letter-writing drive to collect encouraging notes of support for our troops overseas.
• Postage Collection: Sponsor a drive to collect postage money or stamps to help ship care packages overseas.
• Phone Card Collection: Sponsor a drive to collect phone cards, so our troops overseas can stay in touch with their loved ones.